Raleigh's Ride has been created to keep the memory of our schnoodle Raleigh alive and to provide others with an opportunity to remember and honor their beloved family pets while supporting K9
rescue, veterans, and preserving American history.
This is a supporter-sponsored, overnight motorcycle ride coordinated by the Post 942 American Legion Riders leaving Brimont Bistro in Webster, NY and traveling to the Eldred WW2 Museum in Eldred,
PA on Saturday, May 4, 2024 followed by an overnight stay in Olean, NY and return to Webster on Sunday, May 5, 2024. 100% of donations will be split between 2 charities: The Eldred WWII Museum,
charged with preserving the memories of those who served, and K9 for Warriors, who rescue canines from shelters and train and gift them free of cost to veterans in need with PTSD.
- Kickstands up at Brimont Bistro, Webster, NY at 8:30 AM.
- Ride to Dansville NY and stop for breakfast.
- Ride along NY Route 36 to Route 417 to Ceres and drop into Pennsylvania backroads, stopping at the Eldred WW2 Museum in Eldred, PA.
- From the Museum, we will proceed on to the Olean Veterans Club just South of Olean.
- Following that stop, we will head into Olean where rooms will need to be booked by participants for the evening at the Holiday Inn Express on Main Street.
- We plan to break bread together at nearby, walkable Talty’s Irish Pub.
- There are other hotels in town and places to eat as well.
- Sunday, we will likely get breakfast together and ride the distance back to Webster, NY.
We hope that all who choose to participate or donate see it as a way to keep the memory of their beloved family pets alive. Supporters who donate do not have to go on the ride itself,
although both motorcycles and other vehicles are welcome on the ride.
- Registration cost for all riders is $25 and all who pre-register and pre-pay by April 15, 2024 will have a free ride t-shirt waiting for them the day of the event.
- Those who would like to support but are unable to go on the ride are welcome to donate any dollar amount that you wish. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated, and those of $40 or
more made by April 15, 2024 will also receive a free Raleigh’s Ride t-shirt (be sure to provide name, address, and t-shirt size with your donation!).
- Donations will still be accepted after April 15 and anyone may join in the ride up through the day of, though t-shirts will not be provided for those who donate or register after this date.
- All registration fees and donations to sponsor the ride should be mailed to Gregory Cody 27 Martin Street Webster, NY 14580, with checks made out to American Legion Riders Post 942.
- As there are no overhead costs to this ride (shirts will be covered by Sue Ayotte and Brimont Bistro), all registration fees and donations will be given to charity other than the shipping costs
of t-shirts to donors of over $40 unable to attend the event.
- The names of all who sponsor as well as the names of beloved pets that donations have been made in memory of will be shared on Raleigh’s Ride Facebook and web pages.
Raleigh’s Ride: Preserving our American History, Supporting Veterans, and K9 Rescue